Our members benefited from a dynamic and very valuable pain management CME program and dinner on May 15, 2014 in Southfield. Mazen Baisa, PharmD, MBA, ABAAHP, FAARM, CPE, FACA presented a timely lecture about advances in pain management to improve outcomes and enhance patient satisfaction. Over 116 million Americans struggle daily with chronic pain. Dr. Baisa enlightened our members and urged them to use a multimodal pain management strategy that includes topical pain medications. Our members learned to reduce the incidence of organ toxicity, drug interactions and the unpleasant side effects of oral medications by including topical pain formulations in treatment plans. A delicious dinner was provided by La Palma restaurant and more than 45 physicians thoroughly enjoyed the evening. This CME program was highly rated.
April 24, 2014
Thinking Beyond The Pill
This activity is designed for physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and nurses who have an interest in enhancing their clinical skills in pain management.
( 1 HR CME CREDIT)
Dinner will be served
Franklin Athletic Club, Special Event Suite
RSVP by May 13,2014
April 5, 2014
It’s a scholarship for our children…funded by YOU!
Please consider donating to the Ibn Sina Endowed Scholarship at Wayne State University School of Medicine and help medical students who wish to uphold the ideals and heritage of Ibn Sina, an extraordinary physician and scholar. Your son or daughter may someday benefit! Please help to keep the legacy going by making your gift today.
To make your gift online visit: go.wayne.edu/give-
You can also mail a check to: WSU School of Medicine, Development and Alumni Affairs c/o Leigh Trerice, 540 E. Canfield, Room 1369, Detroit, MI 48201. Please make the check out to WSU School of Medicine and indicate ‘Ibn Sina Scholarship #061669” on the memo line.
March 18, 2014
Our deep condolences to NAAMA MI members Dr Samir and Dr. Mohammed Hadidi for their sad loss.
Monday March 17,2014
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 48302
December 15, 2013
NAAMA MI held it’s Annual Gala Dinner at the Dearborn Inn on November 15,2013. The attendees of Physicians , dentists,pharmacists,Deans,students and health care related supporters got to learn about NAAMA’s involvement in relief for refugees from Syria, Somalia and Hurricane Sandy in medical missions and donations that totaled about $500,000 for this year. Dr. Sam Fawaz, NAAMA’s youngest President gave a humorous and heart warming speech consisting of a father’s advise to his children… and passed the reigns to Dr. Ghassan M Saed, the President-Elect!
Dr. Yehya Basha, of Basha Diagnostics, received NAAMA MI Health Care professional of the year Award, and student Zeinab Saghir,received the first Scholarship from NAAMA MI scholarship program that we intend to expand in coming years.World renowned Comedian Dean Obeidallah gave the attendants a 30 minutes non-stop laughter in his stand-up act.
To View gallery Click Here
November 7, 2013
Brian Mosallam and Frank Mayer of the Cornerstone Group—a firm specializing in employee benefits- presented a brief summary of the impact this legislation will have on doctors, hospitals, employers, employees and their dependents. As many of the major provisions of the Affordable Care Act are scheduled to become effective January 1st, 2014, Brian Mosallum and Frank Mayer reviewed the following:
• Summary of the delay – impact on employers
• The reasons behind the decision to delay
• What PPACA requirements remain the same
• Preparation necessary for the 2014 employer mandate deadlines
• Impact of Medicare reimbursements
August 29, 2013
As part of its ongoing community outreach,NAAMA-MI Michigan members took part in a back to school community health fair event at ACCESS in Dearborn. The volunteers performed school physicals as well as dental evaluations on school-age children of various ages. According to the participants, the experience was highly rewarding as it provided the community with a much needed service for its most vulnerable residents.
August 1, 2013
NAAMA MI is pleased to announce its
2013 Scholarship Program
- The Michigan Chapter of the National Arab American Medical Association (NAAMA-MI) has established a scholarship fund to support the scholarly activities of graduate students in the health field.
- The Objective of the scholarship award is to assist future generation of Arab American healthcare students in lessening their financial strains during the educational years. As a result, NAAMA MI hopes this investment in the future generation of Arab American healthcare professionals translates into giving back to the community at large.
- The scholarship amount has been set at $2500 per recipient.
- A Scholarship Committee has been established to oversee this program.
- Scholarship awards must be used for tuition or other education related expenses necessary to advance the careers of awardees in the health field
- Awardees are expected to become actively involved in NAAMA-MI and to provide educational, charitable, and humanitarian services to the community NAAMA-MI supports.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Students must be members of NAAMA-MI or meet the eligibility criteria to become student members in NAAMA-MI.
- Students must be enrolled in a graduate program in a health related field in any University in Michigan.
- Board members and their immediate family are non eligible for the scholarship award.
- Application Packet
The application packet must include the following:
- A completed NAAMA-MI Scholarship Form
- Personal statement by the applicant including at least the following information:
- Description of any community service that the applicant had performed.
- Description of future activities the applicant will perform to support the community.
- Description of how the award will help the applicant further his/her career.
- Cumulative GPA at application submission.
- Updated and signed Curriculum Vitae. The curriculum vitae must have been prepared within three months of the date of submission of the application.
- Evidence that the applicant is enrolled as a graduate student in an eligible university and is in good standing.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to compile all of these documents and submit them as a packet to the scholarship committee. The scholarship committee will not seek any missing information.
- All application packets must be submitted electronically.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to scan all the required documents and submit them as a single PDF file to the Scholarship Committee.
- Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are due to the NAAMA-MI Scholarship Committee by 4:00 pm of September 15 of every calendar year.
- The Scholarship Committee will review the application packets before the October meeting of the NAAMA-MI Board of Directors.
- Awardees will be selected during the October meeting of the NAAMA-MI Board of Directors.
- Awardees will be notified prior to and announced during the annual Business Meeting and Gala Dinner of NAAMA-MI.
- Disbursement of funds
- Funds will be disbursed directly to the recipient of the award.
- It is expected that awardees will attend the Gala Dinner to receive the award.
July 11, 2013
Dear NAAMA MI Friend and Supporter,
On behalf of The National Arab American Medical Association’s Michigan Chapter Board of Directors, I would like to extend an invitation for you to attend and sponsor the 2017 Annual Gala event, celebrating NAAMA MI’s 39th Anniversary.
NAAMA is a 501 c (3) non-profit, non-political, and non-religious organization established by physicians. Since its inception, it has encompassed and welcomed members from various health related professions such as dentistry, pharmacy, nursing and the allied health industry. For over 30 years, the Michigan Chapter of the National Arab American Medical Association has continued to develop and evolve into a unified network of healthcare professionals. For more information about our organization and activities please visit us at www.naamami.com or find us on Facebook
This prestigious event is usually attended by 500 professionals in the healthcare industry ranging from Deans of Medical and Dental Schools to Hospital Leadership. It is a venue in which physicians, dentists, allied health professionals come to network, eat dinner, and enjoy an evening of entertainment and awards. The event is by invitation only and sells out quickly. This year, the Gala is scheduled to take place on Friday, November 10, 2017 at the Dearborn Inn Marriott (20301 Oakwood Blvd., Dearborn, MI 48124); the event reception will begin at 6:30 p.m. followed by the Dinner Program at 7:30 p.m.
The 2017 Annual Gala event will recognize the achievements of a professional in the health care industry and award outstanding students with scholarships. NAAMA-MI promises you an evening of good company, delicious food, and laughter. We would be honored to have you join us as a participating sponsor for this special evening.
Please find enclosed a sponsorship form which provides information on the levels of sponsorship available.
We ask that your completed sponsorship forms and any advertisements are returned to us by email no later than Monday, October 16, 2017; email the advertisement and sponsor form to email@example.com. This date is the FINAL deadline for submission of advertisement in order to be included in our event Program Book.
Sponsorship Opportunities and Ticket prices:
Our sponsorship packages offer a great opportunity to gain excellent exposure as an outstanding supporter to our organization.Please consider the following sponsorship packages.
$5,000 Platinum Sponsor
Name of organization integrated on cover of event program book ; full-colored page, back cover advertisement in the event program book; name recognition under list of Sponsors in event program book; recognition in NAAMA Chapter’s quarterly newsletter to members and supporters; logo and link on NAAMA Michigan website for 1 year; Integration of the organization’s name in the opening ceremony; table display at venue in reception hall; one VIP Table for 10 persons at the event; signage in the reception hall.
$2,500 Gold Sponsor
Full-colored page inside cover advertisement in the event program book; name recognition under list of Sponsors in event program book; recognition in NAAMA Chapter’s quarterly newsletter to members and supporters; logo and link on NAAMA Michigan website for 6 months; table display at venue in reception hall; one VIP Table for 10 persons at the event
$1,500 Silver Sponsor
Full-page black and white advertisement in the event program book OR a table display at venue in reception hall; recognition in NAAMA Chapter’s quarterly newsletter to members and supporters; link on NAAMA Michigan website for 3 months; one Reserved Table for 10 persons at the event
$1,000 Corporate Sponsor
Name recognition under list of Sponsors in event program book; display table at venue in reception hall – (Display Table is a 6 ft table covered with cloth) OR a full page advertisement in our program book.
$1,000 Community Sponsor
Name recognition under list of Sponsors in event program book; reserved table for 10 people at the event
$100 Individual Tickets
Please Click here for NAAMA MI2013 Sponsorship form, Please complete form and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
PO Box 3448
Farmington Hills,MI 48333
Please make checks payable to NAAMA MI.
Online payments available for your convenience
June 19, 2013
NAAMA MI held it’s annual collegial competition against ASACA at the Beverly Hills Academy in Franklin,Michigan. It was a fun time with crowds cheering for their team. Ultimately NAAMA MI did pull it off with a win with the final score of 84 to 63. Everyone had a great time and is looking forward to next year’s competition.