If you are interested in becoming a member, please submit the following information and a membership information packet will be mailed to you. Membership is also available to students enrolled in American universities in medical fields at no charge. Residents in training can also become members at a nominal rate. Please indicate whether you are a student or a resident in training.
You may also download printable membership applications:
Members of NAAMA form a special group interested in sharing their medical expertise and cultural heritage with their colleagues. They are committed to improving medical conditions in the Arab world and in their Arab American communities.
Members are entitled to reduced registration fees at the annual international and national medical conventions. NAAMA is fully accredited to offer continuing medical education credits to physicians.
To qualify for membership, individuals must be of Arabic descent or have a close affinity with individuals of Arabic origin and shall be members of the medical profession as defined in the bylaws.
- Active Membership: licensed persons in the medical profession in North America. Active members have the right to vote and hold office.
- Associate Membership: medical students, interns, residents, and fellows in training in North America; and physicians of Arab descent licensed in countries outside the United States and Canada who reside in North America. Associate members may not vote or hold office. The first year’s dues for interns, residents and fellows are complimentary. Student memberships are complimentary.
- Affiliate Membership: any person who practices in an allied health field and who is not otherwise eligible to hold active membership. Affiliate members may not vote or hold office.
- Honorary Membership: any person of Arab descent in the medical profession who has made a distinguished scientific contribution; and individuals of Arab or non-Arab descent who have contributed to the association and its cause. Honorary members may not vote or hold office.
- Corresponding Membership: persons in the medical profession residing outside North America and licensed in the country of residence. Corresponding members may not vote or hold office.
- Auxiliary Membership: spouses of NAAMA members.