March 23, 2019
National Arab American Medical Association is pleased to announce that Dr. Usama Gabr has been elected to be NAAMA MI president for the year 2019. Dr. Gabr has been a NAAMA member for 5 years and serving on the board of the Michigan chapter for 4 years.
Dr. Gabr also serves as the Medical Director of the Pain and Ortho Spine Institute, which has 3 locations in the united states; Columbia SC, Rochester, MI and Dearborn MI and and 2 international locations in Egypt and Dubai.
January 24, 2019
May 9, 2018
April 4, 2016
Dinner and Fundraising EventFriday, May 20, 2016
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Laurel Manor Conference and Banquet Center
3900 Schoolcraft Rd.
Livonia, MI 48150
For Tickets and Support
Please download this form for ticket purchase and support levels. If you need further assistance please call us at 313-848-8114 or e mail us at email@example.com
To Pay Online:
October 22, 2015
- Dr. Abdulghani Sankari gave an update of the management of COPD including the role of different medications, pulmonary rehabilitation, oxygen therapy and non-invasive ventilation.
- Dr. Ahmad Ghabshah discussed the acute management of severe sepsis focusing on the role of fluid resuscitation, early antibiotics, and supportive measures during the care of these critically ill patients
- Dr. Aref Rayes gave an overview about the recent developments in the management of viral hepatitis, especially Hepatitis C
- Dr. Saleh Aldasouqi introduced new concepts in the testing for hyperlipidemia and provided evidence on potential for non-fasting lipid profile testing
- Dr. Wasseem Salkini was kind to come back from West Virginia to give an overview about the development and applications of robot surgery
- Dr. Zyad Kafri provided insight on the role of biomarkers in the management of variety of cancers and the new targeted therapies that were recently developed based on these markers
- Dr. Mahir Elder discussed the management of submassive and massive pulmonary embolism and the role of catheter directed thrombolytic therapy
- Dr. Ammar Hatahat updated the audience on the guidelines for the management of hypertension including recent evidence suggesting tighter control of blood pressure
- Dr. Rany Aburashed lead the group in a lively discussion about multiple sclerosis, including pathogenesis, diagnosis and management
June 17, 2015
Our members benefited from a valuable lecture on echo–estimated pulmonary hypertension on June 3rd at Fleming’s Steakhouse restaurant in Birmingham. The guest educator Dr. Ghulaim Saydain, assistant professor of Internal medicine Pulmonary Critical care & Sleep Division Director, Pulmonary Hypertension Program in Wayne State University, presented a great lecture that covered various aspects on the topic. Dr. Saydain identified sources of error in the echo-estimate of right ventricular systolic or pulmonary arterial pressure, and talked about examining the echo report and the clinical co-morbidities for other features that suggest HFpEF as opposed to pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Dr. Saydain also enlightened attendees on recognition of initial treatment failure as an indication for early referral and right heart catheterization by a team experienced in PAH patient management. The attendees also enjoyed a great dinner at Fleming’s Steakhouse.
May 26, 2015
The NAAMA ‘Match Day Party’ was held at the Emagine Royal Oak’s High Roller Room on the 28th of April 2015. The event was sponsored by NAAMA MI and the WSUSOM. A total of 25-30 students and residents attended the event representing WSU, OU, MSU, and DMC. Current NAAMA MI president Dr. Soubani led the evening with a game of bowling with the students. In addition to four lanes of bowling students enjoyed their time playing pool and shuffleboard. The highlight of the evening was a Dabke dance led by the students. Food and refreshments were provided during this casual and social atmosphere. The event was concluded with final remarks by Khalil Mroue, current NAAMA WSU president, congratulating those who are graduating and thanking the sponsors for making this event a success.
May 26, 2015
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine
Pulmonary Critical Care & Sleep Division Director, Pulmonary Hypertension Program
Wayne State University, School of Medicine
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse
323 N Old Woodward Ave, Birmingham, MI 48009
Wednesday, June 3
October 23, 2014
NAAMA, Michigan Chapter had their 2014 Annual Gala at the luxurious Dearborn Inn, where the outgoing President Dr.Ghassan M Saed said “I promised that I will increase membership and sponsors, and I did both”, and went on to summarized the activities of NAAMA throughout the year in the different areas of social, educational, athletic and philanthropy, and thanked the sponsors one by one on their support.
Dr. Nabil Elie Khoury received the prestigious Health Care Professional of the Year Award for hos long list of achievements including being a past NAAMA president, and students Emman Dabaja and Shaza Al-Holou were the scholarship recipients.
Dr. Ayman Soubani, the newly elected President, presented Dr. Ghassan Saed with an award, and thanked him for his energetic leadership, which he said will make his task easier this year.
Entertainment was provided by Saxophone Player Kamal Kareem, and Comedian Amer Zahr performed his stand up act and autographed books.