The National Arab American Medical Association (NAAMA) is a nonprofit, nonpolitical, educational and humanitarian organization. Its members are medical professionals of Arab descent, or have a close affinity with individuals of Arabic origin, or demonstrate a commitment to the mission and organizational objectives of NAAMA.
The objectives of NAAMA encompass a wide range of professional, educational, charitable, humanitarian and cultural activities.
Professional and Educational
- To enhance the medical knowledge of the members of NAAMA, to contribute to the medical profession, and to support continuing medical education and research.
- To promote professional relationships among members and organizations of the medical profession in North America and the Arab world.
- To create friendly relationships among health-field professionals who share a common background and who wish to perpetuate pride of heritage.
- To print an official membership directory which can serve as a source of references and information.
Charitable and Humanitarian
- To support professional and educational activities aimed at health education and disease prevention in cooperation with community-based organizations and to support general humanitarian activities.
- To provide and to help coordinate routine and emergency medical care in support of those in need in the Arab world.
- To provide assistance where possible and to serve as an educational resource for medical students and health field-related post-graduate trainees of Arabic descent.
- To sponsor speakers, grants, textbooks and other learning materials for medical schools in the Arab world.
Cultural Enhancement for Members and their Families
- To create activities and programs for NAAMA’s youth which highlight their shared Arabic heritage, and to foster community spirit.
- To encourage and promote role models among the health care profession who can help inspire and guide the direction of NAAMA’s youth.
- To recognize Arab artistic efforts and endeavors.
Due to its unique location, NAAMA’s Michigan chapter has been energetic in building bridges with other organizations in the Arab American Community. NAAMA sponsors programs that recognize Arab artistic and scientific achievements and history. Youth activities highlight a shared heritage and foster a spirit of community. Through the Auxiliary chapter, NAAMA Michigan sponsors programs that recognize Arab artistic and scientific achievements and history. Youth activities highlight a shared heritage and foster a spirit of community. Role models are encouraged to guide and inspire the direction of members’ children . Our annual dinners host a prestigious list of speakers as well as musical talents from famous poets to best seller authors, UN ambassadors or academic pioneers, thus, providing both knowledge and entertainment to our members and their families.
NAAMA Michigan By-laws: Click Here (Adobe PDF)
NAAMA’s History: Click Here (MS PowerPoint, 66Mb)