NAAMA MI is pleased to announce its
2013 Scholarship Program
- The Michigan Chapter of the National Arab American Medical Association (NAAMA-MI) has established a scholarship fund to support the scholarly activities of graduate students in the health field.
- The Objective of the scholarship award is to assist future generation of Arab American healthcare students in lessening their financial strains during the educational years. As a result, NAAMA MI hopes this investment in the future generation of Arab American healthcare professionals translates into giving back to the community at large.
- The scholarship amount has been set at $2500 per recipient.
- A Scholarship Committee has been established to oversee this program.
- Scholarship awards must be used for tuition or other education related expenses necessary to advance the careers of awardees in the health field
- Awardees are expected to become actively involved in NAAMA-MI and to provide educational, charitable, and humanitarian services to the community NAAMA-MI supports.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Students must be members of NAAMA-MI or meet the eligibility criteria to become student members in NAAMA-MI.
- Students must be enrolled in a graduate program in a health related field in any University in Michigan.
- Board members and their immediate family are non eligible for the scholarship award.
- Application Packet
The application packet must include the following:
- A completed NAAMA-MI Scholarship Form
- Personal statement by the applicant including at least the following information:
- Description of any community service that the applicant had performed.
- Description of future activities the applicant will perform to support the community.
- Description of how the award will help the applicant further his/her career.
- Cumulative GPA at application submission.
- Updated and signed Curriculum Vitae. The curriculum vitae must have been prepared within three months of the date of submission of the application.
- Evidence that the applicant is enrolled as a graduate student in an eligible university and is in good standing.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to compile all of these documents and submit them as a packet to the scholarship committee. The scholarship committee will not seek any missing information.
- All application packets must be submitted electronically.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to scan all the required documents and submit them as a single PDF file to the Scholarship Committee.
- Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are due to the NAAMA-MI Scholarship Committee by 4:00 pm of September 15 of every calendar year.
- The Scholarship Committee will review the application packets before the October meeting of the NAAMA-MI Board of Directors.
- Awardees will be selected during the October meeting of the NAAMA-MI Board of Directors.
- Awardees will be notified prior to and announced during the annual Business Meeting and Gala Dinner of NAAMA-MI.
- Disbursement of funds
- Funds will be disbursed directly to the recipient of the award.
- It is expected that awardees will attend the Gala Dinner to receive the award.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com